Ask Me!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Taylor + Tobias VS the rainforest

There's a lake just a little ways from my dad's house. A walk, practically. One day, my dad, his friend, my then-18 month old and I started walking around the lake, not really knowing where we were going. We ended up hiking (if you can call it that) for miles. I was in complete awe that this rainforest existed so close to home. Every square inch of space is alive with vegetation and other fauna I'd rather not think about; but I found every step satisfying. The hollow, dense *thump* of footsteps there. Like being in a padded room. From that first accidental trek, I've had visions of a woman in the clover.

Lucky me, I have a willing model. This was a great way for me to stand outside my own comfort zone, photographically. The light under the canopy is so diffuse that finding it at all was a challenge. As a result, I think the images have an intense, almost creepy feel. But thats ok because it's both intense and creepy in there, in the land of high ISO's, dead flash batteries and no light to reflect. *shiver*

There may or may not have been whiskey involved. And Taylor and Tobias make out like 8th graders around every bend in the path, but that's ok because I call dibs on shooting their inevitable wedding. Hear that? DIBS! Taylor's friend Alessandra Rose Mora did her hair and makeup before leaving Seattle...She's in a band " the kindness kind" and pretty much kicks arse. Thanks :)

At one point, a slug somehow fell IN to my frakkin' pants. Apparently they climb trees, here. That was fun.

The end.



5 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Wow Erin...this is absolute art!

Unknown said...

I love it, Erin!! If Phil and I ever get married, I'm calling you for a sexy, sultry session!

L said...

::jaw drops:: these are stunning! what an absolutely beautiful couple, setting, and photos! your friends are so blessed to have you capture them in such an incredible way. you are pure talent, erin...pure talent. <3

Nike Athena said...

Not creepy - magical. Absolutely magical. I have about 20-some pounds to go and then I'm giving you a call. ;-)

MODERN Prairie Girl said...

These are great! Wish I had the guts to pose in a fig leaf for my hub :)
Nicely done.